Thursday, November 24, 2005

Lackluster Performance

While mixing up an injectible marinade for a deep fried turkey, I finished off the remainder of a bottle of white wine - one of the ingredients. It was very dissapointing and I now wish that I hadn't drank it. A decent choice for a marinade ingredient, it was not a good idea for a sipping beverage.

The bottle of Sutter Home Pinot Grigio 2004 was a great deal at Meijer for $4.52+tax. The wine does a great job as a turkey flavoring and seasoning medium, but it has serious shortcomings otherwise.

My first sip was almost tolerable until I realized that there wasn't anything more to the taste. It was very brief, light start that stopped suddenly as it was overpowered by a bland alcoholic flavor. I felt very dissapointed when there wasn't any more left to the body of the wine. It didn't have a very strong aroma (typical for a white) and then didn't have a soft finish (not very typical). I can't really offer a recommendation other than it's good to inject in large, dead poultry.

Posted by Ben at 11/24/2005 10:08:00 PM


0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home