Saturday, September 10, 2005

Shall I Wine?

My conundrum remains. Do I want to talk about wine or electronics. My reasons seem valid for both, and I believe that I could write equally about both... so, the inner dilemma begins. Wine or Electronics. Snooty or Nerdy. Grapes or Silicon. Expensive or Expensive.

I found a lot of good forums on electronics but haven't really found a lot of good blogs. The difficulty when trying to write a blog about electronics is that you need to be very specific. Otherwise, you find that you may know a lot about a good number of topics, but there are always those who specialize in one aspect that will always trump you. So, what happens is you have people who would like to post comments that correct a small bit of what you said. Unfortunately, blogs don't usually allow for comment tracking like a good forum and so any responses you have are lost in the comments. What works best are places where everyone is allowed an equal (or at least somewhat equal) say in the topic input. It is more like an informal Wikipedia article and forums can be social, informative, or etc.

Wine might work better just because it seems more apt to be written about by one person to many instead of a strange social demultiplexer of the internet. By this point in the post, I think I've done a good job of at least convincing myself. You can now ignore the second paragraph.

By using some of the knowledge at some local stores, along with some winers that I know fairly well, I should be able to slap (and by slap I mean thoughtfully create) a blog for the college student, factory worker, Joe Normal and his equally important friend Jane Doe to buy, enjoy and, above all, learn about wine. And if it should fail, wrath will be upon me like no grape has ever known.

Posted by Ben at 9/10/2005 09:52:00 PM


0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home