Monday, November 28, 2005

Soyons Français

I know what David wants, but I really hate calling people dummies. I think it reduces us to feeling bad for ourselves when we are all doing a fine job anyway.

What I'm trying to say is, "People! Don't be afraid of the grapes/strawberries/whatever things you ferment!" It's all just about having a good time. Ted Breaux states in Wired Magazine (p. 179, 12/2005) that, "Americans drink to get drunk, whereas in France, getting drunk is just a consequence of sampling too much wine you really like." We need to be more French.

Instead of moving backward and going through a lot of history, I would really like to keep moving. I'll link to some sites that have further information if you are interested. I'll also give tips that I think are valid, and I'm sure not all will be perfect for everyone. But I want this to seem more like a voyage together rather than a tour I've given many times before. I want to have a good time too after all.

As for a Wine 101 post, you probably aren't going to get one from me. I would recommend checking out information given by Wikipedia, Meijer, Chalet Party Shoppe, City-Wide Liquors and the Wine Lovers' Page. There is really a wealth of information available and I like to just jump right in. If you feel more hesitant, go down to the local wine store, ask if anyone there can recommend a wine, and then explain what you like/don't like and see what they give you. If it tastes horrible, go back and let them know you didn't like it but want to try something else. It's an adventure of tastes, exploration and new horizons! We should all be so lucky to try lots of new things and this is only a portion of what is out there... just think what will happen when you start pairing with diferent foods! Yay!

Posted by Ben at 11/28/2005 10:57:00 PM


0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home